Sunday, September 1, 2013

TFT Display

Wow, I'm so far behind with this blog! I recently got a 2.2" 18-bit color TFT Display and hooked it up to my arduino to see what the demo looks like. Quite impressive! Especially coming from a monochrome 128x64 display! To get it working using the arduino was very straight forward and simple. I want to use this with my Raspberry Pi so the next step would be to make my own C++ driver to talk to the ILI9340 chip on the TFT. Granted, not all the functionality that the arduino library will be supported, as I just to display text and a few graphics (PNG or BMP). The TFT board also has a mini sd card slot so you could store pictures or data on there that is to be displayed. Check out the link about for all the specifications for the board.

Here are a few pictures from the arduino demo.

No comments :

Post a Comment